Garden Kit Contents
For information on how to grow the seeds you received, please see the Seed Planting Instructions.
Starting a Garden
- How to create a garden on your lawn using the double-digging technique (video)
- How to prepare a garden bed using double digging
- Gardening in Small Spaces
- Basics of Vegetable Gardening
- Planning Your Garden
When to Plant
- Growing Your Own Food Resources (community gardens and growing spaces in the Merrymeeting Bay Region, basic gardening info, and where to buy seeds and seedlings)
- Garden Mentorship Program
- Resources for Home Gardeners
- Gardening Tips for Zone 5
If you have any questions about how to grow a home garden, email email@example.com.
Thanks to the extremely generous support of Fedco Seeds, Botanical Interests, Growing to Give, and the University of Maine Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners Program, more than 4,000 garden seed packets went out to the 19 food pantries in the Food Security Coalition to those who would like to grow their own garden.